Royal Icing Recipe Made From Bulk Ingredients (makes about 3-4 cups depending on thickness):
2 tbsp dried pasteurized egg whites
6 tbsp water
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. Mix ingredients with the whisk attachment in a countertop mixer until stiff peaks form.
2. Switch to the paddle attachment.
(approximately 1 bag sifted powdered sugar)
3. Mix in sifted powdered sugar on low speed until you reach the thickness you desire.
1. Add 1/2 tsp amounts of water to thin back out, if needed. You may need to add water and powdered sugar back and forth until you reach a good consistency.
2. If you plan to outline and flood cookies with this icing, shoot for a 15-second icing (an icing that sits smoothly in a bowl within 15 seconds of stirring).
3. If the icing is too thin, it will smooth out faster than 15 seconds, which could lead to dripping, overflow, and slow dry time. If it doesn’t smooth out by 20 seconds, you can add water to thin it back down.
If you want to find out more about her mentorship program, click here Build a Better Bakery
Find here below all the helpful links!
*main image by Vicky Wasik, found on the web
*image below from Karen in the Kitchen (web)